Every single Wednesday, EA sports releases a Team of the Week
[TOTW] featuring the most best players during the last week.However, the way they are selected is unknown to most of the community. The moment of the TOTW is the most awaited every week by every gamer of the EA Sports title, finally available for everyone.
Find out how this special player purchase mechanism works, how its players differ from regular players.
In FIFA 22's Ultimate Team mode, there are many different cards from all types of players. Over the course of the one-year season, there is always the option to buy players on the compromise market or you may be lucky enough to get the best players in the packs. Either way, you should know that there is a special signature, we refer to the team of the week; Also known as TOTW.
What is TOTW in FIFA 22
The acronym TOTW refers to the Team of the Week, which is nothing more than the team of the week made up of the best players of the major leagues. These special cards are chosen by EA Sports itself each week based on players' real-life performance during matches played in the past seven days or rounds.
- FIFA 22: Press Squad Battles and when they are achieved
- Rewards FIFA 22 Division Rivals and when they are achieved
- FIFA 22 FUT Champions rewards and when can you get them?
- FIFA 22 All the rewards of FUT Draft in Ultimate Team
In other words, the cards chosen for the TOTW have nothing to do with the overall performance that team members may have within the game.Team of the Week works as follows:
The TOTW consists of 23 players: 11 starting players and 12 remaining are reserves and substitutes. Players selected in the TOTW have improved stats and their cards will have this "extra improvement" even when their presence in the TOTW ends (provided you have acquired them, of course).
The FIFA 22 Team of the Week is unveiled every week and features all the best players to show off in the previous round of the league. English, Spanish, Turkish, it doesn't matter. Certainly, however, EA Sports prefers to include the players who have distinguished themselves most in the top European tournaments.11 main, 7 substitutes and 5 reserves are announced from time to time. Each of them sees their overall base rating increase by a few units and turn into a black card, which can be used in the FUT FIFA Ultimate Team should it be found.The cards of the FIFA 22 TOTW are called IF, or In Form: enhanced compared to the normal value of the basic players.
When will there be a new TOTW?
FIFA 22 Team of the Week comes out every week, usually on Wednesdays at 6pm PST. The time and day may vary in the case of a midweek shift, but basically the appointment is constant even during the breaks of the most important championships. Each week you will have until that day and time to get the cards that are part of the staff of TOTW at that moment. We recommend that you take a look at the best ways to get coins quickly, so that you can always acquire these special cards.What are the selection criteries of these players?
- Goals Scored: This is the number one factor when deciding who enters in the team of the week.
- Assists: Except for goalkeepers, it is not very common to see players who have not made any assist or scored a goal on the TOTW.
- Distribution by Positions: 2/3 goalkeepers, 4 to 6 defenders, 7 to 12 midfielders, 5 to 8 forwards.
- Match Result: The better the result, the more chances a player has to be named to the team of the week
- Teams & Player popularity: The popularity of players and teams is increasingly taken into account
- Previous TOTW Cards: When assigning a new TOTW card, EA always checks the amount of IF cards a player eventually already has and when has he received the latest card
- League: Everyone knows that the players from the most popular leagues are picked more times for the team of the week.
- Opponent Difficulty: To be decisive in a win over Manchester United or over Brendford
- Conceeded Goals: This one also applies to defenders but it is more important for goalkeepers
- Saved Penalties: Nothing gives more visibility to a goalkeeper than to save a penalty
- Saves: Do not concede any goal, save a penalty and make many saves
- Stats and Score: Specialized press and statistical sites, are also taken into account when EA is choosing the TOTW players
- Man of the Match: Moving slowly to the bottom of this list, it’s time to know the least important factors
- Minutes Played: The more playing time the more change for the player to be chosen.
- Bookings: A player has already been sent off and still made part of EA’s choices. However, this is very rare.
- Rivarly: In addition to the opponent’s difficulty, EA also takes into account, on a much smaller scale, the rivalry between two teams.
- Other Restrictions: More than a game, FIFA Ultimate Team is a business. And like all big business, everything has to be planned in detail.
What are SIF, TIF, FIF?
When a player is included in the FIFA 19 Team of the Week they become IF. If he is entered again he changes his name, and becomes a SIF (Second in form). The great ones also become TIF (for the third time in the TOTW), and therefore FIFA (four, five or more times in the team of the week).